Snow Business (10–12) 18+
Snow Business – a present-day murder mystery party game with a snowbound setting for 10 to 12 guests.
Snow Business – a present-day murder mystery party game with a snowbound setting for 10 to 12 guests
"Snow Business was GREAT!!!!
"I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun or laughed so hard."
Doris Arnett-Gary, United States
Recommended for ages 18+
Written by Lisa Butler
Snow Business is a dinner party murder mystery game for 10 to 12 guests and a host –download the free introductory pdf file.
In Snow Business, the stage is set for an innocent family gathering, with a few friends and strangers added to make the party go with a swing. However, not everyone is as they seem - some have dark secrets they need to keep hidden… and someone is the killer. You will be in the middle of the action and it will be up to you to wheel and deal with the other guests. Can you achieve your goals, keep your secrets hidden and survive Snow Business? It's up to you.
Each winter, the Harrisons and the Perrys ski in the French Alps and always rent the Chalet Flaubert. They hire the whole chalet and bring both families and friends. The holidays are usually an opportunity to relax and unwind away from the pressures of normal life, but this year has been different. Jacqui and Mariella have been arguing, Lucy has sprained her wrist, snow has cut the chalet off – and tonight, real tragedy has struck. A few minutes ago, John Morgan was found dead at the foot of the attic steps, his neck broken at an unfortunate angle. Nobody can leave the chalet; and there is no phone or radio in here… Did John fall or was he pushed? Is there a murderer in Chalet Flaubert? Can you achieve your goals, keep your secrets hidden and survive Snow Business? It's up to you.
In Snow Business you will discover the following:
- What happened to the missing wallet?
- Who still carries a torch for an old flame?
- Is an ungrateful child really sharper than a serpent's tooth?
- What are the Swiss good at, apart from chocolate and cuckoo clocks?
- … and, of course, who killed John Morgan?
Find out in Snow Business!
Snow Business lasts for about four hours and is suited to an evening. It is often played over a meal – a finger buffet if possible to allow guests to circulate and talk in private.
"I love your games! They are easy to set up and do. I have tried other ones
and they are inferior in my opinion. All of my
Snow Business players had a wonderful time. I have already
had several ask me when we are doing another one!"
Christina Haley, United States
The free introductory pdf file contains an introduction to the game and a cast list of all the characters – plus details of how to buy the game.
These are the characters in Snow Business:
- Alex Harvey – Jacqui and Mariella's cousin, and Mariella's best friend.
- Amy Morgan – Harold's sister and author of several children's books.
- Daniel Perry – Celebrated musician and married to Jacqueline.
- Harold Harrison – An accountant who also does the accounts for Bank Farm Stables.
- Jacqueline Perry – Mariella's younger sister and business partner at Bank Farm Stables.
- Jo Robertson – A skier stranded at the chalet.
- Jonathon Perry – Daniel and Jacqueline's son and is studying medicine at university.
- Lucy Harrison – Harold and Mariella's 18-year-old daughter.
- Mariella Harrison – Expert horsewoman and runs the Bank Farm Stables riding school with Jacqueline.
- Max Parker – A skier stranded at the chalet.
- Robin Fay – Celebrated orchestral conductor and a family friend.
- Travis Perry – Daniel's brother and a lawyer.
How Freeform Games Murder Mysteries Work
Snow Business is unlike many murder mystery games. Although the game starts with a death, most of the characters have more important things to do than to investigate it. And the killing is not over – it is certain that not everyone will survive the remainder of the evening!
Snow Business is played just like a murder mystery game. You may be trying to solve the murder, but primarily you are (initially at least) concentrating on your own goals and objectives. Unlike most boxed murder mystery games, Snow Business lets you decide how to achieve your goals and thwart your enemies.
On the evening of the game the guests are met by the organizer and welcomed to the chalet. They then receive their detailed backgrounds – including dark secrets, goals and items. The fun then begins as they form alliances, blackmail each other, steal items and maybe even resort to murder! Depending on what the players choose to do, there are several different possible endings, but finally everyone finds out how they did, and what secrets everyone else was concealing.
Sometimes you have too many guests and you need more characters. So we've written a free extra character for each of our games that you can add in, and some of our customers have created their own characters for their parties and are kindly willing to share them.
'Ginger' Roberts – freelance reporter in search of the Big Story.
(by Freeform Games)
- 'Ginger' Roberts – freelance reporter in search of the Big Story. (Any)
Please note that we haven't always tested these – and they may not tie in exactly with our games.